Saturday, October 5, 2013

Old Morse Park (Cambridge)





I know, I know; it’s in CAMBRIDGE! Across a RIVER! Living in Brookline, I fully understand the mental hurdle. But this awesome playground, which is just a short jaunt over the BU Bridge, is well worth overcoming it. The climbing structure is made of a combination of black bouncy material and rope webbing, there’s a metal slidey-ish thing going down a hill, plus a variety of newfangled sorts of swings. Different and fun. The only downside is that the combination of little shade plus everything being black can make it hot to the touch, which made things a little difficult for my kids at noon on a mid-80s day, but was not insurmountable. There was also what seemed to be a sprinkler area (not working the day we were there), plus a basketball court and some stone ping pong tables.

I was telling some friends about this playground, and they asked me if students from MIT had a hand in its design. I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.




No comments:

Post a Comment